What happens to the Cloud when it rains?

For a while now, I have been reading a lot about two technologies, Kubernetes and Docker which I will talk about in my next post. Well, starting from a place where I had no clue of what the cloud was, you could imagine how hard it actually was trying to understand(with my very limited and probably mythical knowledge) how it was possible for this technologies to work. I will not really give a tutorial or anything of the like about the Cloud But I will try to introduce us to the cloud.

About a weekend ago, I was at a Google Cloud Next event in my location(Eldoret) and a speaker mentioned that there were people who have ever asked him "What happens to the cloud when it rains?". Well, I laughed really hard not because I thought that question was stupid But because, at some point, I could have been the one asking that.

So, What Is This Cloud Then?
Image result for what happens to the cloud when it rains vs cloud computing
First, to all who are worried about the state of the cloud on the rainy days, Let's just all take sometime and BREATHE. The cloud is well taken care of and safe under someone's rooftop keeping itself warm.

When you say "I just lost my phone but I will just download my photos from the cloud. Jeez thank heavens for the cloud" Well, basically, You should be thanking the internet and the computers(server) where they got stored for you really.

The Cloud or Cloud computing is basically using various services to store and retrieve data from the internet instead of you having to store it all in your device or machine. Very smart move right? Imagine all those GBs of photos and video you take without the cloud? I think we all could be hoarding hard disks like we did CDs at some point.

Related image
When You send your files, documents, pictures etc via the internet for storage, it basically means that your files have been stored for you by someone else who offers storage of your data for a trade of your money.

I am a very huge fan of the Dummy series and so I will share a book from the dummy series for Cloud computing: Cloud Computing For Dummies

Enjoy the read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIT App Inventor

Tech ventures: The Bluetooth module(HC-05 zs-040)

The LoadCell Project