The digital weigh-scale(The LCD)

For the LCD, I am using a The MCUFriend Touch Screen. It took me a little bit of time to crack this one since i hard not read about the operation of TouchScreens before.

But, I will take my time and explain it a little bit and leave you with some of the reading materials that really helped me.

The Libraries will always help you navigate. They always help me figure out what questions I need an answer to as there is a lot of functionality you'll discover hence a lot to learn. Always take your time.

The MCUFriend is a resistive touchscreen. There are various types of touchscreens, the common ones being the capacitive and resistive ones.

I say its resistive because, as you will notice, you will always be required to give a range in which you will apply pressure on to it. As you can seebelow.
 

The MCUFriend has a couple of pins. As shown below.

LCD_RST - As the name suggests, its responsible for resetting the LCD.
LCD_CS   - LCD chip select
LCD_RS   - LCD register  select
LCD_WR  - LCD write
LCD_RD  -  LCD read

GND -  Ground
5V  -   5V
3V -   3V

LCD-D1 to LCD-D7 - these are digital pins (data bit 0 to data bit 7)

SD_SS - SD slave select
SD_D1 - SD serial data in
SD_D0 - SD serial data out
SD_SCK -SD serial clock

Look at this pdf for more info:  MCUFriend Explained

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIT App Inventor

Tech ventures: The Bluetooth module(HC-05 zs-040)

The LoadCell Project