The one-sided earphone




What's one thing you may find yourself buying every year or even twice, thrice at times more and keep promising yourself: " Okay, I'll be more careful with this one?"
Well, for me, its the earphones. I just never understand how they always keep spoiling.... Aand, its always on one side and then it sucks cause then its never as loud as it used to be. So I agreed with myself never to buy any anymore but instead, I will be my own handy man(or woman) and do the repair myself.

That is where Soldering comes in. I am still not perfect but I thought i'd share on it and hope that you may try it too. Its a bit tricky but you'll just get a hang of it and hopefully, you won't waste your money all the time getting some new pair of earphones. Aand even get to brag on doing repairs for yourself.

So my definition of soldering is " Soldering is a skill that enables you to join electronic components using some molten metal called the solder(which not only provides a physical join but also is conductive hence the circuit works fine) and a pencil that melts the solder onto the components being joined".

Mostly, when the earphones get spoilt, its always due to some wire thats detached. That's why, at times when you twist the side where the earpice isn't working, it always work for some time then stops. That's the issue am talking about. So instead of throwing the earphones away or giving it out, you can try repairing it.

Requirements:

A soldering pencil -->600shs (there are others, but thats the cheapest one and work well too)
Solder → 20shs per metre

How to do it:

First, I apologize cause my video wasn't so clear😞😞 so I will explain instead and hope that with this and the video bit, you will get your soldering done well.

  • So first, you will have to open the side of the earphone's earpiece that is not working,
  • Ofcourse, place it down on a surface and check to see if any wires is just hanging around
  • If there is, then that's definitely our culprint. And this is where I always wish I had more hands.
  • Using your creativity, you will have to hold the wire down , then take the soldering pencil and the solder(the soldering pencil should be hot of course) and get your soldering done.
Now the first time may be unsuccessful but you will have to keep on trying.

Things to note while soldering:

  1. To avoid lead poisoning, always do your soldering in a well ventilated room as all solders contain a little percentage of lead.
  2. Ensure that your soldering pencil has completely cooled off before storing it. Also take care not to touch it while its still hot cause it may be of course burn you.
  3. Just take a deep breath and stay calm so as to make it easier to solder. The more tensed you are, the less the chances of you accomplishing your soldering.
  4. Soldering is an important skill in the electronics path hence I would say that we all have to learn how to do it.

Have fun. And feel free to tell us how your first time was when you tried soldering.
Mine was so hectic and I couldn't help but wonder why they would make such an equipment haha. But you will find your hacks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIT App Inventor

Tech ventures: The Bluetooth module(HC-05 zs-040)

The LoadCell Project